GMP - Good Manufacturing Practice
GMP stands for Good Manufacturing Practice. GMP is necessary for manufactures of Food and Medication. It provides quality and testing assurance to the drug product and food is safe for human consumption. GMP is necessary for pharmaceutical and medical devices in many countries. It ensures the integrity of your food manufacturing process as well as compliance of food safety regulations.
Benefits Of GMP
- Improves Food Safety Management System.
- Demonstrates customer satisfaction.
- Increase food quality and safety.
- Increase monetary value and increase profitability.
- Provides guidelines on how to produce safe food.
- Develops Team work between the employees.
- Improve market value and brand value of the organization.
Methodology To Get GMP Certification
- First step is Registration on approved GMP database for the GMP certification
- Self Assessment which is conduct by the internal staff of the organization, it is also known as internal assessment with the current organization compliance to the standard.
- Get result from the self assessment to conduct the Gap Analysis to identify non compliance area and develop preventing and corrective actions.
- Monitoring the review report of the organization by the auditor of the certification body and review the documentation of the organization as per the standard requirements.
- Once all the above things done then the GMP certification issued to your organization and surveillance audit must be performed every year from the date of the issued certificate.