ISO 22000 Food Safety
What are the benefits of ISO 22000 Food Safety?
- Demonstrate an organisation's commitment to food safety.
- Ensure control, at all stages of the food supply chain, are in place to prevent food safety hazards
- Embed and improve the internal processes needed to provide consistently safe food
- Provide a framework for management commitment, supplier and customer communication and continuous improvement of the food safety system
- Provide confidence to customers and other stakeholders that you have the ability to control food safety hazards and provide safe products
- Provide a means of continual improvement that ensures the food safety management system is reviewed and updated, so that all activities related to food safety remain safe and effective
What is ISO 22000 Food Safety Management?
ISO 22000 is a truly international standard suitable for any business in the entire food chain, including inter-related organizations such as producers of equipment, packaging material, cleaning agents, additives and ingredients. ISO 22000:2005 is also for companies seeking to integrate their quality management system, for example ISO 9001, and their food safety management system.The standard combines generally recognized key elements to ensure food safety along the food chain, including:
- nteractive communication
- System management
- Control of food safety hazards through pre-requisite programmes and HACCPplans
- Continual improvement and updating of the food safety management system
What are the benefits of ISO 22000?
- Introduce internationally recognized processes to your business
- Give suppliers and stakeholders confidence in your hazard controls
- Put these hazard controls in place across your supply chain
- Introduce transparency around accountability and responsibilities
- Continually improve and update your systems so it stays effective